Adjust PDF Margins?

I am currently using a word template and have everything lined up perfectly. When the workflow trigger the PDF creation I notice that the final pdf has really wide margins, mashing my data into strange positions. Is there a way to set wider margins for the PDFs being created? Changing it in the template doesnt seem to have any effect.

Solved Solved
0 10 1,952
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Reza @LeventK

First of all thanks for your input which pointed me in the right direction. LeventK I reverted back to Google Docs and as you suggested I created single a row and column table as I had previously done. Seeing as Reza is right; I was able to align the table using the margin properties from GDoc, it got me thinking that maybe my issue was not only the margins.

I went back and did as Reza suggested and managed to widen the margins. My data now seemed to fit as required however the data in the table rows were not aligning once I parsed the template through to PDF.

For the benefit of others:

1. Yes, the PDF parser margins can be adjusted by tweaking the GDOC margin properties

2. Make sure all entries in each cell does not have trailing spaces!!! You cannot see them in the template and everything looks nicely aligned, however the parser seems to process trailing spaces in such a way that it will : mess up alignment (eg. some entries wont center) and cell padding will differ from row to row. Once you remove trailing spaces everything looks good and works well.

Thanks for the help! SOLVED

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Top Labels in this Space