Any way to add an irregular number of photos?...

Any way to add an irregular number of photos?

I am building several audit and inspection apps for my company. While at some of them I can try to regulate the maximum number of photos that should be taken as evidence for an entry, for others, like an Occupation Safety Inspection app, I would like to allow the inspectors to take many more photos, if necessary, of some items.

When having a maximum number of possible photos, I create a column for each photo. Then in AppSheet editor I edit each column adding a Visible If conditionโ€ฆ that itโ€™s only visible if previous photo is not empty (so you donยดt get tons of empty photo icons cluttering the view unless you need them to take new photos)

But is there anything that can be done if I want to have a maximum of 15 photos for example? And a dozen questions, each allowing a maximum of 15 questions?

I meanโ€ฆ creating 15 columns x 12questionsโ€ฆ then editing EACH one of those 180 COLUMNS!!! to add a Show If formula?

In another topic I saw this suggestion: โ€œIt is possible to create a separate sheet that will contain all the photos (each photo individually added) in a single row and link to that row using a REF.โ€

However I donโ€™t really understand how will you be able to take those multiple photos in the form you are filling, nor how those photos will be shown in the mobile while filling the form or checking the entryโ€ฆ

Nor if the above method would properly work with a template email/pdf.

MAYBE that would be a case for Features Suggestion? Having a Column Type for Images and working the same way we do now, when you want 1 or 2 or maybe 3 imagesโ€ฆ

And having a column type for โ€œAlbumโ€, where you can specify maximum number of images for that column and appsheet will automatically store the photos in another table and create a specific and adequate view of thumbnails to take and view multiple photos?

Additionally, is it possible to georeference each photo inside a form, instead of a georeference for each form?

0 14 816
14 REPLIES 14
Top Labels in this Space