App Formula no longer working

I have an app formula that worked last week but now doesn’t seem to be working. And it works in the editor but not in the app.

I have 2 enumlist columns:
1 - “Assigned To”
2 - “Employee Email”

In the “Assigned To” column I select the names of employees that I want to assign work to. The “Employee Email” column populates the employee emails using following expresssion:

SELECT(
Employees Master DB[Employee Email], IN([Employee Name], [_THISROW].[Assigned To])
)

When I test the expression, it works and successfully pulls the emails of the employees I selected in the “Assigned To” column. But it doesn’t work in the app and it doesn’t record the email in the spreadsheet.

Again, this worked last week. I checked the spreadsheet and all of the work orders I assigned last week show the correct employee emails.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Solved Solved
0 10 332
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

An app formula for a normal (non-virtual) column is only evaluated when a row is updated, such as when edited in a form or modified by an action. The app formula for a virtual column is evaluated every time the app syncs. The easiest fix here would probably be to convert Employee Email to a virtual column.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Top Labels in this Space