App Implementation Strategy. I'm building a...

App Implementation Strategy.

I’m building a work order app for construction company I work for and trying to figure out if it all can be done with one app, or, if it will require multiple apps based off of a shared set of tables. The two category of users are:

EXTERNAL USERS (non-employees) Inspectors will use the app to request repairs and check on status of requests. They’ll only have 3 available options - request work, view all open work orders, view all closed work orders; no update rights. Potentially 15-35 users.

INTERNAL USERS (employees) 1 - Scheduler/Planner will use the app to prioritize and schedule work for field staff. Can also add, update, delete work orders.

2 - Field Staff will use app to perform work assigned specifically to them, update status of request, and capture labor, fleet, materials hours and costs.

3 - Supervisors will use app to monitor overall operations (status of work, labor hours, fleet hours, costs, etc.)

Am I delving into Franken-App territory trying to do this as 1 app? Better/simpler to use multiple apps? Thoughts on how many?..

0 8 403
8 REPLIES 8
Top Labels in this Space