App Structure

I'm trying to create an assessment app which can filter a form, based on an initial configuration form. 

The initial configuration form is where basic information is captured (Project ID, Client, Date), as well as yes/no for the categories of questions I want to evaluate for that Project, e.g. "Fire Safety", "Electrical Safety", "Identified Hazards". 

From there, I have ALL of the possible questions for ALL categories as columns in a separate sheet. 

How do I filter to ensure ONLY the selected categories for that project are shown? I know I need to associate the individual questions with a category, but not quite sure how to structure this.

For example:

For Project ID= 123, the initial form to configure the assessment is filled out & only "Fire Safety" and "Electrical Safety" as selected as "yes".

"Identified Hazards" is selected as "no". I'd like only the questions related to "Fire Safety" and "Electrical Safety" to show based on the initial configuration. 

Additionally, I'd like the Project ID to be the parent record, and the individual assessments to be the child record per se...

--

I know I can use "show-if" based on inputs as an option, but I've simplified the example above for ease of explanation.... there are actually 30+ categories and 5-10 questions per category that I'd like to include. 

Thoughts about approaching this?

0 3 52
3 REPLIES 3
Top Labels in this Space