App Viability Question

Hi, all. This is my first post here.

I experimented with my first app - a very minimal inventory app for work supplies - a year ago, but now I’m wondering about a much bigger app idea. I’m hoping I can describe it in some detail here and find out from folks in this forum if it would be possible to make with AppSheet…

So here goes…

I am wondering if I can make an app that will allow me to

1. Have pins representing all the storm drains in my county.
  2. Be able to have my crew click those pins and (with a “quick edit”) log whether they were dry or needed a treatment.
  3. Depending on what those drains were treated with, set a return appointment date for those drains and have the associated pin change colors.

All of these drains already have lat, long information and names (numbers assigned.)

I’ve gotten as far as being able to plot about three hundred of them, but my biggest questions are:

1. Can AppSheet handle 200,000 rows of these? I have seen elsewhere that 100,000 is the limit, but perhaps there is a workaround? Or I could even make separate apps for the same purpose to split up the areas, I suppose.

2. Is there a way to not only have the existing row edited (e.g. logging that an inspection occurred) but be able to “keep” the record of this elsewhere? Like another table/sheet?

Has anyone built something like this? I’m new to this platform, but seeing loads of potential. I’d hate to be sidelined by the scale of my needs.

Thanks for reading all the way through!

0 6 256
6 REPLIES 6
Top Labels in this Space