App table referencing logic (ENUMLIST, one-to-many, many-to-one)

Hi everybody,

I’m experimenting with Appsheet and I’m building a simple app that has the following functionality:

• The main view shows a list of (organisational) Capabilities (e.g. “Strategic Management”)
  • Every capability consists of supporting 1. Data component(s), 2. Process(es), 3. Application(s) and 4. Team(s).
  • I created a ‘Capabilities’ table + 4 tables for the four ‘supporting’ elements.
  • All 5 tables have some added columns that provide extra information.
  • The four tables with the supporting elements, all have a ‘Capabilities’ column.
  • Appsheet automatically creates a link/reference between the different tables
  • This way, when I go to the Capability view, it shows all the related data, process, team and application elements.
  • I can add new Capabilities from the Capability View and I can add new supporting elements from the other views.

My problem:

• It is possible that a certain Data component/Process/Team/Application supports multiple Capabilities.
  • Example for Applications: Appsheet allows me to add multiple Applications under 1 Capability (‘many-to-one?’), but I don’t understand how I can create/edit an Application and have it support 2 different Capabilities (‘one-to-many?’)? So that when I go to the Capability view, the same Application shows under 2 different Capabilities, without having to ‘duplicate’ the Application.
  • Ideal situation: I would like to be able to use ENUMLIST when I create/edit an Application, and be able to pick all Capabilities the Application supports, and if the Capability does not exist yet, that I also am able to add a NEW Capability. So basically: ENUMLIST+ADD based on Referenced table/column.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction and my apologies if I didn’t use the correct terminology! Still learning !

All the best and thanks in advance!

0 5 238
5 REPLIES 5
Top Labels in this Space