AppSheet QA testing of new features (and even older ones) vs Community testing

I wish to start a conversation concerning testing of new or enhanced features.

I have noticed over the years that when new features are rolled out, there are frequently inconsistencies in how the feature behaves that seems should have been easy to catch. An example is the Rich Text feature just recently made available to Detail and Form view. When the Detail view is placed in a Dashboard, the Rich Text behaves differently

So the question is: How much QA testing should we expect to be performed on the AppSheet side versus Community testing when the feature is rolled out?

• One approach is that AppSheet performs QA testing with the goal of establishing a pristine set of coded features before rolling it out. Community then tests integration into their unique apps for any usage anomalies before the feature is rolled out for common use.

• A second approach would be for AppSheet to perform just enough testing to get the feature working then roll out to the Community to perform a thorough QA testing reporting back any issues found.

It seems to me that we are kind of in between these 2 approaches which leaves gaps in testing efforts and introduces bugs that should have easily been found. We really should come to a common understanding of the testing expectations.

If the lean is more towards the second approach I think that is okay but AppSheet should explicitly state so. Community members would be more thorough in their testing. And maybe some compensation should be given to those members who return testing reports - for their efforts in helping establish a pristine platform.

If the first approach is the expectation then, Iโ€™m sorry AppSheet but you need to do a better job at more thorough testing covering all areas feature may be utilized within the app!

9 14 612
14 REPLIES 14
Top Labels in this Space