Appsheet Apps Speed

Hello everyone

I have a few questions about Appsheet Apps Speed, just to know what is normal and if there is something specific to my situation that I can do to speed up the user experience through the app.

So I have an App made now, that uses one Google Spreadsheet that has 15 tabs out of which only 5 have more that 10 rows and 5 columns (they are the only tabs collecting data, the rest are categories, users etc.)
I would say this is a small or at most, medium sized App (let me know if Iโ€™m wrong).

The App I made is now used on the Free plan with 7 Users. Weโ€™re building it up as a Task Management app for Teams + Overviewing Clients and Managers.

The app itself is quite intricate in the way it uses these tables and it has a bunch of virtual columns added and so forth, but my following observations about itโ€™s speed were true ever since the Spreadsheet was mostly empty, so I donโ€™t think calculation time is really relevant here.

1. It takes about 5-6 seconds when opening the App on a mobile device until you get to the default view.
  2. It takes about 6-8 seconds on a sync (it takes longer to sync after changing data, but that would be expected)
  3. It takes 2-3 seconds to move from a View to Another on a Mobile Device of any User using the app. This is true both for Android and Iphone Users.
    (as an observation here, it does take slightly less navigating the Views in the App Builder on Chrome browser on the PC)

Out of these observations, itโ€™s the Third one that bugs me the most, the others are fine as they are expected. But I didnโ€™t really expect a 2 seconds wait every time you touch a menu, a tab a view or a form on the Mobile Device.

Is this normal? Is everyone else here experiencing the same thing?
Is this about the Plan Iโ€™m on? And it wouldnโ€™t have this delay if the App would be Deployed?

Or can I still hope to have more instant movement through the App, within these conditions Iโ€™m running the App in right now? Because the App is great and Appsheets functionality is amazing and I canโ€™t imagine being able to do what Iโ€™m doing with Appsheet โ€ฆ with mainly anything else out there
But Iโ€™m really curious about the cause of these slow interactions with the Apps build in it. This doesnโ€™t make much of a Time Management App if it takes two second to click on anything in the App.

Thank you,
Sorin

2 28 3,426
28 REPLIES 28
Top Labels in this Space