Appsheet Billing is unscrupulous

I’m guesing this is not just me. I have 3 Appsheet accounts, one for each license type and about 20ish app in active use. When you increase the number of licenses, Appsheet gives you a rebate on the extra licenses that you haven’t used for that month. Why can it not also just bill you for the licenses you’ve ACTUALLY used? You know… like pretty much every other service I pay for

So for example, I set my account to pay for 20 licenses

• If I use 20 then thats fine
  • If I set it to pay for 15 then Appsheet righty warns me
  • But if I only actually use 15 then Appsheet says nothing an quietly pockets the $25 or $50, depending on the account

The only ‘fix’ I can see is to go in at the end of each month. Set the number of licenses to 1. Wait for appsheet to come back with the actual number you’ve used. Then set that to the amount you want to buy. Doing this took 5mins and has just saved me $120ish.

This feels wrong. I’ve no issue paying for all the licenses I’ve used in a given month. But making me guess that figure feels a bit like “game theory” pricing to me. Where the aim is to extract as much cash as possible without the amount being linked to the service provided

Solved Solved
12 28 1,681
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Folks apologies for the radio silence. We will take this up internally and get back.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Top Labels in this Space