Attachment Template Format Issue

There seem to be an issue with the margins on the PDF generator.

3X_7_9_79c10cb105c9b0f718b46b29c5da4909ab4fa9f3.png

Attachment Template → The template file used to format the email attachment is in Google Docs

PROBLEM: When the file is made the margins (mostly top/bottom) are not respected.

This is the bottom of the first page and the top of the second page.

1 12 399
12 REPLIES 12

Yes thats a thing Not much you can do about that other than try to make it fit on one page and or use page breaks

This is obviously a BUG. I wonder if the developers at Appsheet are aware of the issue?

^

Hey @Marc_Dillon , the title should read; “Ability to set SOME margins for PDF attachments.”

I hope the developers at Appsheet can fix the BUG so all the margins can be set.

This isn’t a bug, and they’ve already “fixed” it by providing the Custom Margins setting.

Custom margins setting for the top and bottom margin of a multipage document does not seem like a complete fix. Imagine if Google Docs only allowed you to set the top margin of the first page and the bottom margin of the last page.

It’s not. But that’s not the case. Not sure where your misunderstanding is coming from.

Those “Custom Margins” setting do not work. The top margin only sets the margin for the first page and the bottom margin only sets the margin for the last page. If the document is 3 pages and you set the top margin at 35 points and the bottom margin at 35 points:

• page 1 top margin will be 35 points
  • page 1 bottom margin will be 18 points
  • page 2 top margin will be 18 points
  • page 2 bottom margin will be 18 points
  • page 3 top margin will be 18 points
  • page 3 bottom margin will be 35 points

It works for me.

thank @Marc_Dillon it does not work for me. One thing I see you did different than I did is setting the margins in the Google Docs to zero (or marginally close to zero). I am going to change them and try it out. Appreciate the feedback…

Perhaps this feature isn’t fully rolled-out?

From July 16th, man I’d hope so…

Top Labels in this Space