Auto-fill Form from text value

I was wondering if you could help me with a little project I have. Im testing this automated Check-in app for a small hotel but im struggling a bit with the “dereference” formula.

This is the thing, I have two tables, one with all the information of my guests, and another table, which is a Check-in Form.

So basically, what im looking for is that when a guest checks-in, all they have to do is download the app and fill the form for check-in. I’ve gotten this far with no problem.

What I want to happen and haven’t been able to do so, is basically when they TYPE their name on the first question, I want some of the following questions (booking number, checkin and checkout date, and booking channel) to be filled automatically. This info can be fetched from the reservation table.
The name or “key” column has to be “typed” as I don´t want users to know the name of other guests.

There’s more info in the Check-in form also that the guest should actually fill in manually such as ID image, and signature, I guess with this ones I won’t have a problem.

Solved Solved
0 17 6,634
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Wrap the SELECT() expression with ANY(), then DATE(), like DATE(ANY(SELECT(...))).

AND

Change the Check-In column type from Text to Date.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Top Labels in this Space