Avoid adding duplicates and access only relevant ones

Hi, community,

I would appreciate your help with the following issues.

I have a “step” form where I need to add the following fields:
a) customer (which references to a customers table that allows me to either create new one or select from a list already added customers)
b) process (which references to a processes table that allows me to either create a new one or select from a list already added processes)
c) roles (which references a roles table that allows me to either create a new or select from a list of already added roles).

The relationship between the tables is the following:

• a customer can have many roles; a customer can have many processes.
  • the “step” can have many customers, many processes, and many roles.

The issues I have now are that, when I’m in the aforementioned form wanting to add a process, that process is assigned to a customer. However, when I select a customer from my “main form”, instead of seeing only the processes that belong to the customer I have previously selected, I can select any process created, for all the customers. That creates a lot of confusion.
What I would like to do (and please help me with this) is:
a) to see only the processes that have been recorded on the customer that was selected in the form) and if we don’t have any process created for that customer yet, then the list should be empty and only prompt “new”.
b) same should happen for roles. I want to avoid accessing roles from other customers because as you can imagine in real-life scenarios, you can have multiple Support Consultant roles for various companies and we want to keep these separated.

Thank you!
Alina

0 26 459
26 REPLIES 26
Top Labels in this Space