Background syncing

Can anyone confirm whether data syncs while the app is open but in the background or when the the device screen is locked? My experience thus far is that it does not. Is this correct?

2 42 3,144
42 REPLIES 42

I agree with you!

Thanks @Grant_Stead! Has this ever been addressed by someone at AppSheet? @Sarah_Keown, I wonder if you could help us out here in regard to understanding where AppSheet stands on this point. Is it supposed to work but is not working because of our settings?

I should have done this long ago but I finally got around to referencing this thread in a feature request. I hope @Shashwat_Hemato-Onco , @Grant_Stead , @Lucinda_Mason , @Jon_Melo , @Alfredo_Pou , @Michael , and @Yossi_Oulu will consider voting for it. Thanks.

P.S. I was thinking about this last night and it occurred to me that in many situations the amount of data and the time it takes to sync it is probably not a huge issue. But, in situations where one is tapping in data almost continuously (at a rate that exceeds the normal background syncing rate), having a way for the app to catch up while one is doing something else on the device has the potential to be very important. The situation on my app is somewhat in between, but sometimes catching up can be a problem. I hope this issue can be addressed.

Top Labels in this Space