Bot not triggered when Google Forms adds a row to a table

My app includes tables named FormResponsesTable and CaseDataTable. The source of FormResponsesTable is a Google Sheets sheet linked to a Google Forms form. I have a bot that is intended to add a row to CaseDataTable when a row is added to FormResponsesTable. When I submit a form in Google Forms, the row is added to FormResponsesTable, but the bot is not triggered.

The AppSheet add-on for Google Forms is installed AppSheet add-on in Google Forms.png

and I created the AppSheet app by pressing PREPARE and then LAUNCH. The app is deployed. The AppSheet Events add-on for Google Sheets is installed and events are enabled for the sheet linked to the Google Forms:AppSheet Events add-on in sheet.png

The bot is enabled, as indicated by the presence of the "Disable" button:bot.png

Here are the bot's event and action:

event.png      action.png

When I use the bot's "Test" button to test the bot on a row that is already present in FormResponsesTable, the bot succeeds, and the expected row is added to CaseDataTable. When I submit a form through Google Forms, the expected row is added to FormResponsesTable, but no event shows up in the Automation Monitor.

1 13 581
13 REPLIES 13
Top Labels in this Space