Can't save an entry on an app without entering another field due to a Required_If constraint

I’ve created an app for my water utility company that’s used by our field techs to go read the water meters of our district residents. For the most part it works perfectly.The idea behind the Required_If formula I made, is to require a picture of the residents water meter read if it shows their usage as negative or twice the amount of their average usage. This prevents us from having to send out someone else to verify the read for a customer if their angry about their water bill. I’m having an issue however where if our field tech is unable to get their read and can’t enter it in(we make them usually type in the reason why in a text field), but with my new formula, it won’t let them save just a note unless they either enter in a false read or take a picture that’s not necessary. This is the formula that I’m using, which is attached to the “Picture” field:

IFS(
([Current Read] - [LastRead]) >= (([UsageAvg]/1000)*2),
ISBLANK([_THIS]),

([Current Read] - [LastRead]) < 0,
      ISBLANK([_THIS]),

AND([Current Usage] = 0, [UsageAvg] > 0), 
      ISBLANK([_THIS]),

TRUE, ISNOTBLANK([_THIS])
)

Please help me figure out a way around this. I need a way to keep this, but to not require it if there is no read in the “Current Read” Field and just a note instead. If you need any more context or information, then just let me know and I’ll try my best. Thank you so much!

0 9 770
9 REPLIES 9
Top Labels in this Space