Column Security Filters?

Security filters are helpful in many ways, one of which being a security feature that ensures that only the ROWS you want are given to the userโ€™s app.

My question is, is there a way to do a similar thing but with COLUMNS?

To be clear, I know slices exist and I am kinda looking for that, but only for it to happen in the way security filters do. In other words, I want a slice without having to load the entire table into the app first.

Use case: I have a table of jobs containing sensitive information. In one app, only a list of job names (labels) is needed, not any other columns. Instead of loading the entire set of the tableโ€™s columns into the app and then only ever use/show the much smaller slice version, I want to just make the data loaded into the app small to begin with.

Side-note: It would be really cool if an app can determine that, if a table is never used directly but a slice is, then only loads into the app the set of data according to the slice and not the full table.

Solved Solved
1 11 227
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So if it is sensitive data, consider creating another spreadsheet table and then using a spreadsheet ARRAYFORMULA() or QUERY() equation to pull just that data from the main table. Then you could use a security filter to blank out the first table for some users

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Top Labels in this Space