Columns inaccurate when adding new table

I’m trying to add an incredibly simple table with one column for ref validation. It’s one column with the header of Status and 4 other rows with statuses (Needs Copy, Needs Photo, Ready, Published). When I add the table, it reads “Needs Photo” as the column name and then only displays “Ready” and “Published” as row values.

I have even tried adding the table with just “Status” as a column header with no row values, which works initially, but when I add “Needs Copy, Needs Photo, Ready, Published” as row values, the same problem occurs. What’s going on here?

2X_6_64aecbed47976ae295b8a080fedfa83e29540c30.png

Solved Solved
0 5 314
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bolding the header row will solve the problem.

A single column table containing short text values that look like column header values can throw off type inference.
The word “Photo” is a word that typically appears in the header row of a table.
Since that row is relatively near the top of the sheet and it contains a word that often appears in a header, that row it is getting selected as the header row.
When your worksheet contains multiple columns (as most do) it is easier for Appsheet to locate the header row.
If a row is bold, we take that as a strong indication that the bold row is the header row.

See https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961390-spreadsheet-cell-formats

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Top Labels in this Space