Combining user-specified value with selected rows, and adding to different table

rob2

Hi all,

I’m fairly new to Appsheet but I couldn’t find a solution in the forum. I’m working on a music practice tracking app (similar to fitness tracking).

I have two views/tables:

1. Log which is a list of music practice activities for a given day
  2. Elements which is the full list of practice activities

Right now, I can go to the Elements view, select multiple practice items, and run an action Data: add new to another table using values from this row which adds all them all to the Log table, which is great. However, in the behavior, I had to configure the date for those practice items to be today() since there is no way to select a specific date.

What I want to do is allow the user to schedule practice for a future date, which would mean combining a date picker + adding all the rows from Log to Elements.

Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help!

Here are some screenshots to illustrate
Elements view

Solved Solved
1 7 221
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I envision them as two chained steps: the use goes to a form view to choose the date. Upon saving the form, a Form Saved event action could be used to navigate the user to your existing activity selection view.

Currently, it sounds like you’re using an action of type Data: add new to another table using values from this row, and setting the new activity’s date with an expression of TODAY(). Instead of TODAY(), you’d need a (yep!) SELECT() expression to get the chosen date from the user’s date-chooser row.

If you’re using user sign-in:

ANY(
  SELECT(
    Date Choosers[Date],
    (USEREMAIL() = [User])
  )
)

Otherwise:

ANY(
  SELECT(
    Date Choosers[Date],
    (CONTEXT("Device") = [Device])
  )
)

The above assume you’ve created a table named Date Choosers to contain the row that records the user’s date choice. If your app uses user sign-in, your might use a column named Email to contain the email address of the signed-in user; otherwise, you might use a column named Device to contain the device identifier of the device user.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Top Labels in this Space