Computer column value not updating after form edit

I have a google sheet “Sheet A” that contains a number of ID columns and Description columns
Each ID column is referenced to another sheet (one for each one of the referenced columns). Those other sheets contain the ID (as their key) and a Description column.
The Description column in each case for Sheet A has a compute state to use the appropriate ID to retrieve the Description from the referenced table. Yes, I know this means I have created a copy of the data but for reporting purposes etc., it is much simpler to work with one table.
For half of the pairs of ID and Description in Sheet A, everything seems to work as expected.
For the other half, when the ID is changed (by the user selecting a new value on a drop-down in the edit form), the ID field is updated, but the computed field does seem to be triggering at all.
I’ve checked the audit log and the affected fields are not listed in the updated values, but there are no errors.
I’ve checked the google sheet version log and that also shows that only the fields that appear to be working as expected are indeed the only ones being changed…

Any ideas what could be stopping my fields from triggering the compute calculations for some of the columns but not others?

0 5 784
5 REPLIES 5
Top Labels in this Space