Create of record should trigger a set of record being created in another table - possible?

Mahesh

The app is to help run sessions, where each session has a number of members attending, each member with a specific role/duty.

For this, I have a “Session” table which will holds set of dates for each session held or scheduled.

The set of possible roles that members would perform are defined in a “Role” table.
e.g.
Speaker1
Speaker2
etc

The technical problem is figuring out how to populate a third table “SessionRoles” automatically when a new Session is scheduled i.e. record is created. SessionRoles is roughly a union of the two tables with key fields SessionDate and Role, each field coming from the two tables.

What I would like is when adminstrator creates a new Session record, system has to automatically create new records in SessionRoles for that new Session date. In the example above, if a session record for 03/15/2019 is created, I would like to have SessionRole to have 2 new records created, one for each role in the Role table

03/15/2019 Speaker1
03/15/2019 Speaker2

Possible?

0 11 995
11 REPLIES 11
Top Labels in this Space