Creating daily report for summary email

airind

I have found a few other threads but none seemed to have an answer. I see I’m not the only one experiencing this.
Sidenote - it is frustrating that you can’t test scheduled automations before you deploy, because now I’m deployed and it’s not working.

I have an app that is used to log employee absenteeism - a person enters the absence into the app, in real time it emails their leader to let them know.

Then at the end of the day, I need it to email out a summary of all the people who were absent today.

I have the email template, coding, etc. All works great. But now that I’m deployed, it says The event and process of the ‘End of Day’ Bot are not compatible. The output of event ‘Absenteeism Report’ and the input of the process ‘Daily Report’ must be the same table or ‘None’ in the case of a scheduled event that is not ‘For Each Row’.

When I turn on “for each row”, it sends one email for every single change made that day. We have a lot of absenteeism lol. This is not feasible.

When I turn off “for each row,” this is the error. But It is attached to the table, and I need a report on the actions on that table. When I tried to create a new task with no table attached, it doesn’t even populate the email i create to use.

How can I attach this daily report to the table but have it send out the email only once, daily at a certain time as a summary?

1 17 1,204
17 REPLIES 17
Top Labels in this Space