Creating multiple jobs to dispatch from a single form

Hi,
Relatively new to AppSheet and still learning. I’ll try to keep my question concise.
I’m creating a dispatch app to manage companies I subcontract work to for snow removal. I have three tables. One for subcontractors, one for Properties, and one to store jobs generated. At this point I’m able to generate jobs, add them to a route, ect.
My problem is I have dozens of sites per subcontractor, and about 20-30 subcontractors that I would have to add individual jobs for every time there is a snow event. This would potentially equal a couple hundred individual entries per event that I would have to do the night of dispatch.
Is there a way to automate the generation of the jobs, where I would basically select the company, the service they are performing, and then have jobs generated for any sites that have those services? If so what are some resources that I can use to learn how to go about achieving that?

Solved Solved
0 7 298
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jared_89

Could you provide screen shots of what you have. .

The trick to get it to work, besides the Actions, is creating the List of Values column, in your case list of subcontractors.

List of SubContrators =
select(SubContractorTable[ID],"Some Filter Criteria")

Then the CREATED column. This column formula is based on a RELATED column.

Created Subcontractors=
[Related Assigned Jobs Table][SubContractorID]

And then final column, which is the Remaining Values virtual column

Remaining SubContractors =

[List of SubContractors]
-
[Created]

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Top Labels in this Space