Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row, action related

I want to record the column in the table using the formula I wrote below. but when I register normally, the value from the inital value does not come with the action, which is automatic, what’s the problem?

IFS(
AND([ID].[Name]=“A”, CONTAINS([ID].[Feature], “ab”)), “10”,
AND([ID].[Name]=“A”, CONTAINS([ID].[Feature], “xy”)), “2”,
AND([ID].[Name]=“B”, CONTAINS([ID].[Feature], “ab”)), “10”,
AND([ID].[Name]]=“B”, CONTAINS([ID].[Feature], “xy”)), “1”,
[ID].[Name]=“C”, “10”
)

Solved Solved
0 16 1,091
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Firstly, I’m an AppSheet Developer and Partner for over 4 years now and also having a Partner Development company which had built over 500 AppSheet apps since, I believe I have enough expertise to understand how an app is built regardless how it’s complex or not.

Secondly, I ditto that we’re still not in the same page for your problem. So I’ll try to be more refine and more clear. You have below expression:

IFS(
	AND([ID].[Name]=“A”, CONTAINS([ID].[Feature], “ab”)), “10”,
	AND([ID].[Name]=“A”, CONTAINS([ID].[Feature], “xy”)), “2”,
	AND([ID].[Name]=“B”, CONTAINS([ID].[Feature], “ab”)), “10”,
	AND([ID].[Name]]=“B”, CONTAINS([ID].[Feature], “xy”)), “1”,
	[ID].[Name]=“C”, “10”
)

In this expression, the fragment [ID].[Name] is called a De-Referencing Expression which denotes that in this TableA your [ID] column is a ref type to a certain TableB.

Now you are trying to create a data row with a Behaviour Action in a certain TableC and your source table is (presumably) TableA. After you have written your expression have you tested expression result in the expression builder and expanded the calculation to see which value it returns?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Top Labels in this Space