DateTime Scheduled Notifications

Hy Everyone,

What would be the smartest way (if possible) to setup the possibility for a user to create scheduled reminders for himself?

So, the user has a Project with his name, made of Tasks for himself. And each Task has a column called Reminder. Initially that column is blank. But if he edits that Task and changes the value of the column Reminder, to a DateTime - a day and an hour (ignoring seconds), and then hits Save on that Edit Form, then that should automatically schedule a Notification on his phone (with the Title of the Task lets say) that will pop up at that specific DateTime he specified on the Reminder Column. And he should be able to setup 1 Reminder per Task, at any given date and hour.

Is this possible?

If it is, 2 extra questions for you:

1. if you edit the DateTime in the Reminder column, will that update that notification? (or at least delete the old one and make a new one)
  2. is there a way to set up an action button to edit just the DateTime Column? (not the entire Task through the Task_Form)

It it isnโ€™t, what would you suggest to be the closest workaround for this functionality?

Thank you,
Sorin

Solved Solved
0 11 1,634
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For whom may be concerned, I did find an elegant workaround for creating event notifications through the app:

Appsheet now integrates really well with Google Calendar, which is amazing. So I created a calendar, than added it as a Table to my app. Then I created a bunch of bots to automatically create Google Calendar Events whenever I create a Reminder for the Task (and when I delete it, or edit it). Then in the Google Calendar settings of that Calendar, I can setup as many notifications I want, but in this case, since I want to set a reminder, I just put one which is 0 minutes before the event.

So, when I create a Reminder for a Task at a certain hour in a certain date (DateTime) in my Appsheet app, a Google Calendar Event is automatically created with a notification set to appear both on my phone and PC. The notification will come from Google Calendar, not Appsheet, but itโ€™s still quite perfectly what I needed for this application.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Top Labels in this Space