De-reference

Hello again,
I have referenced the timestamp (a key from my D Table) by creating a column name “Timestamp Key”. From here I easily de-ref other values as “shift” and “ORDER ID”
e.g [Timestamp Key].[Shift] and [Timestamp Key].[Order ID] .
but when I tried to de-ref the “order value” using the same method it just couldn’t get it.
i made this through “part of” activated.
I have even went into doing Any and Select expression and still won’t give me the answer. No error. just blank.

I have tested to get Order ID and it returned the “correct ID”, but when I change and look for the “order value” instead it returned blank:

my expressions:
Any(Select(Dipstick[Order Diesel],[Order ID]=[_Thisrow].[Order ID])) this returns blank
Any(Select(Dipstick[Order ID],[Order ID]=[_Thisrow].[Order ID])) this returns the Order ID

what I am missing here?

\

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 18 653
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Suvrutt / Heru,
i have finally found the solution and thought i need to share my premature understanding.

it boils down to my confusion of this cross table relationship.
i was assuming that the criteria in select expression or my de-ref should be from the current sales app view/environment.or the existing parent tables values. apparently the order id is showing in sales table due to it was called in to pre-populate the order ID field in dipstick form.

So i copied the same approach and created an initial value formula to automatically fill in the order value in dipstick form view before it goes to the sales form view).

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Top Labels in this Space