Debugging reference action

I’m trying to build a reference action that changes the value of a column in a different row on the same table. I have something that I think should work but doesn’t and I can’t figure out why. First here are the basics about my reference action:

For a record of this table: Main Data
Do this: Data: execute an action on a set of rows
Referenced Table: Main Data
Referenced Rows: filter formula that produces the proper key
Referenced Action: Reset value

The referenced action works so, for some reason, the reference action doesn’t seem to be able to invoke it properly. I’m using a very complicated filter formula but, as I’ve indicated above, it does produce the correct key when I test it so that shouldn’t be the problem.

Is using the same table for the reference action and the referenced action the problem? The referenced action is for a record that is not within the slice from which the reference action is accessed, but I didn’t think that would be a problem. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong and wonder it any of you have any ideas.

P.S. Better debugging tools for situations like this would be nice. The platform seems to be perfectly happy with what I have done but, nonetheless, refuses to do it.

0 30 2,088
30 REPLIES 30
Top Labels in this Space