Display Inline action only in Detail views

I'm wondering how can I attach an action to a column (display inline) only in Detail views, kind of the way that system generated "View ref" actions work. 

I've set Only if this condition is true in the Behavior of my action to 

CONTEXT("VIEWTYPE") = "Detail"

along with other conditions. In Detail views the action is indeed attached to the column as expected. However, in views that have tables, the column is gone--no column header, no values.

I figure that the condition is applied per row and it's not displaying anything because the condition is returning FALSE in table views. 

How can I achieve the same behavior as system generated "view ref" actions, in which the action is attached to a column that only displays in Detail view?

Solved Solved
1 8 824
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You could try creating a slice to use for the table view and exclude the action from that slice.

View solution in original post

Another option could be to create a VC with an expression [Column Name] , The [Column Name]  is the column to which you have attached the inline action in detail view. The display name of this VC can be same as that of [Column Name]

For this VC you can have show_if as CONTEXT("ViewType") ="Table" or whatever other views you wish to show it apart from detail view.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Top Labels in this Space