Editing Rows with a Column having a reference field

Hi guys…

I created a small demo app which has data on 3 google sheets. The first has member details along with a member manager email address. The second has requests along with the members details and the member’s manager email address and a column for a status update, which is initially blank. An the 3rd is just a list for some references.

So the data viewed on the app is user specific and home tab shows his /her details. The second is the request form which is auto filled/populated with the members details and field for his/her request. Once updated the form is emailed to the manager and the manager logs into the app and is able to access a 3rd tab (table view) wherein he/she sets the status for the request.

The problem I seem to be having is a work-a-round the “Column Name ‘Email Address’ in Schema ‘Requests_Schema’ cannot use an EditableIf constraint if it has an App Formula. The EditableIf constraint will be ignored.” I tried setting an EditableIf constraint for the update behavior to this field to “(USEREMAIL() = [Email Address])” as this has a reference to the 1st sheet for the members details. So when I save it now over writes the existing record with the managers details and this is wherein the problem lies. Any and all assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 3 117
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3
Top Labels in this Space