Editing Slices through form. How?

Hi all,

Sorry to ask something trivial, but anything from documentation helps me to solve. Unfortunally, there are too few explanations about Slice actions here: Slice Actions | AppSheet Help Center

I want just to create a view able to edit a slice of a table as from a “detail view”. Its going difficult because:

1. Creating a new action, on “Do this” bar, there is no option to act especifically on a table slice.
    The option “Data: set the values of some columns in this row” do not apllies, because i need the user edits that values through a form view showing only the sliced columns.
    The option “Open a form to edit this row” do not apllies too, because this way all columns apeear in form.

So i try using the option “Go to another view within this app”, and linking this view to a form based on my slice. Problem is:

2 .App editor don’t create automatically a edit system action for slices.

1. When I criate a Form View from the slice, it works only adding a new line on data. Not editing, how I need.

2. In the slice settings, i add Edit on Slice Actions bar. Not result. Form keep work adding new rows instead edit the current row.

3. Desabling Adds on update mode bar, AppSheet refuse to show the Form View. A error message appears saying something like: “Your slice is unable to add new entries” (but Lord, i dont wanna add new rows. I wanna edit them )

I dont understand. It would be easy but is not being. Is the problem the free account, any Appsheet error or mine ? There are a sample app that could help me?

Thank you so much!

Solved Solved
0 10 1,751
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great! It works now!

Doing a review for other members get the steps.

If you want a kind of duplicated and separated form view of a table, whith one them edit columns named A,B,C (for example) and other edit columns named D, E and F (for example):

1 - Make a slice of table based on D, E and F columns;
2 - Make a formView referenced by this slice;
3 - Make a Action with command App: go to another view within this app ;
4 - Link a view using a expression LINKTOROW([_THISROW],“NAME OF SLICE VIEW”);
5 - Hide columns D, E, F columns from primary Table_Form if you want

Finish! Edit button will edit A, B, C columns and action button will edit D, E and F columns only.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Top Labels in this Space