Email cut off when using docx template stored on Google drive and gmail client in browser

I send out weekly reports and the go over a couple of pages. Recently, the reports get cut off when you view then in a gmail client in a browser. This is easy to reproduce.

1. I have a multi-page email template stored as a docx file on Google drive
  2. I need to use the docx format as pretty much all formatting and tables disappear if I use Google docs and open the email in gmail
  3. When I open the email using the gmail client in a browser, the text is cut off after about one pageโ€™s worth of text and the text โ€œpowered by Appsheetโ€ appears in the left margin.
  4. Also, the left margin is quite big (to make space for โ€œpowered by Appsheetโ€)

1. If I open the same email on an Android phone, the message is not cut off but the left margin is too big and the text โ€œpowered by Appsheetโ€ appears a bit randomly in the margin half way down the text:

1. If I open the same email again in Yahoo mail, all looks good. The left margin is what it should be and the text โ€œpowered by Appsheetโ€ appears at the bottom as usual.

This seems to have started with the latest update to the gmail client.

Does anyone know a work-around?

I realise that this may be a gmail rendering problem but as Appsheet is part of Google, it would be great if we could get this to work.

0 11 728
11 REPLIES 11
Top Labels in this Space