Entered Repeatedly

Can I have more then 1 key ( Column ) ? I tried but I couldn’t make it.

The reason is this:

I made 1 key for column [ MOBILE] and it cant be entered repeatedly, I want in column [EMAIL] to be the same ( Not entered repeatedly ).

Solved Solved
0 14 1,061
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You can have only one key column. Note that the key column value can never change once a row is saved, which could be a problem if a user wants to change their phone number. Better to choose a key value that can be guaranteed to never change. One common option is to generate a key value using the UNIQUEID() function.

To prevent other columns from having duplicate values, you need to use a Valid If expression similar to this:

ISBLANK(
  FILTER(
    "REGISTER",
    AND(
      ISNOTBLANK([EMAIL]),
      ([EMAIL] = [_THISROW].[EMAIL])
    )
  )
  - LIST([_THISROW])
)
  1. FILTER("REGISTER", ...) gathers the rows in the REGISTER table that meet the given criteria (...; see (2)). See also: FILTER().

2. AND(..., ...) matches only rows that meet both criteria (see (3) & (4)). See also: AND().

3. ISNOTBLANK([EMAIL]) matches only rows where the EMAIL column value is not blank. See also: ISNOTBLANK().

4. ([EMAIL] = [_THISROW].[EMAIL]) matches only rows where the EMAIL column value ([EMAIL]) matches the same column value in the current form ([_THISROW].[EMAIL]).

5. ... - LIST([_THISROW]) removes the row in the form ([_THISROW]) from the list of gathered rows (...; see (1)). See also: LIST().

6. ISBLANK(...) asks whether the constructed list (...; see (5)) is empty. If so, the table contains no other rows with the same EMAIL column value. See also: ISBLANK().

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Top Labels in this Space