Enum x database table ( advanced discussion) ...

Enum x database table ( advanced discussion)

*Enum (with items in a enum type) Is it more fast for sync time?

Is it more expensive for database size?

*Table (in database with id and description) Is it less fast for sync time? To have a table in this appsheet framework give us a big overhead for create the table in app, create the ux views, references, virtual columns etc?

Is it so better for database size? โ€ฆ I was thinkingโ€ฆif I to choice enums and I have 30 enum columns with variable size columns (any with a little size and others with 200 characters per example), to persist this like a enum will store 200 bytes for each insertion in that enum I talkedโ€ฆbut with database table only 1 byte for reference the id column โ€ฆ Third option is to use enum in appsheet and enum in MySQL like the type of column, then I would have a good performance and good practice in database

All of this depends of the overhead that add tables in framework, considering there are a lot of tables in this situation (30 tables can be modeled like enums, any short and others long text)

And for generate .pdf: there are a lot of forms to catch data values: [column], [a].[b], lookup(โ€ฆ), So if a to use databasE table I will need to fetch data values in a formula, if I use enum with or without enum in MySQL, the select always will return the value of the enum (โ€˜blueโ€™ instead โ€˜1โ€™)โ€ฆand one time more this can affect the performance

0 11 1,266
11 REPLIES 11
Top Labels in this Space