Error when trying to process rows in a Related field list

I have a Service Order Management app that users can place Estimates and then, when approved, convert to an Order. A Work Order object has child references for Products and Materials. When the Estimate is switched to an Order, a Workflow is activated to update Allocated counts in the Inventory table for the associated Products and Materials

I am getting a puzzling error when this Workflow is processed. When I have only a single record in these child references, the updates DO occur as expected in the Inventory table but I still get this error. If there are multiple child records, only the first record is processed and no others. I believe the error is preventing further processing.

What could be causing this error? What am I missing?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Below is the error I am seeing from the log (similar error for each Products and Materials Action sets):

Audit Log Details:

Properties:
{
โ€œAppIdโ€: โ€œea11df8a-9df1-4f29-afea-d6300774751bโ€,
โ€œAppTemplateVersionโ€: โ€œ1.000143โ€,
โ€œRuleNameโ€: โ€œOrder Placedโ€,
โ€œEventTypeโ€: โ€œChangeโ€,
โ€œInvokedByโ€: โ€œUpdateโ€,
โ€œServerโ€: โ€œprodu991100005Tโ€,
โ€œIgnoreSecurityFiltersโ€: false,
โ€œTableNameโ€: โ€œWorkOrdersโ€,
โ€œRuleTableNameโ€: โ€œWorkOrdersโ€,
โ€œOperationUpdateModeโ€: โ€œUPDATES_ONLYโ€,
โ€œEventMatchโ€: โ€œWorkflow event successfully matchedโ€,
โ€œConditionโ€: โ€œ=AND([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Work Type] = โ€œEstimateโ€, [_THISROW_AFTER].[Work Type] = โ€œOrderโ€)โ€,
โ€œMatchesConditionโ€: โ€œTrueโ€,
โ€œActionResultsโ€: โ€œCreated 1 ActionResultsโ€,
โ€œAction Typeโ€: โ€œTakeActionโ€,
โ€œAction Nameโ€: โ€œUpdate Allocation for Materials Usedโ€,
โ€œErrorsโ€: "Error: โ€˜Action on a set of rowsโ€™ โ€˜Update Materials Allocationโ€™ for table 'Materials failed with exception Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: source ",
โ€œAppTemplateNameโ€: โ€œServiceInsightBase-526414โ€,
โ€œOperationโ€: โ€œWorkflow actionโ€,
โ€œResultโ€: โ€œFailureโ€
}

0 23 1,475
23 REPLIES 23
Top Labels in this Space