Error with keys on referencing tables

Hello there,

I’m a beginner with appsheets and I am living a love x hate relationship with it at times as I guess most people who don’t know what they are doing probably live

I am creating an app to collect, manage and share data for long commercial cycling expeditions. There is a main table with the route info and other tables ex: hotels, campgrounds, restaurants, etc.

Originally I chose the Stage# column on the main table as the key, and referenced the accommodations and restaurants to it.
Then I realized that it was better to have the destination/town name as the key on the main table because sometimes we split and merge days and therefore the stage# changes. The name of the town where a hotel or a restaurant will very likely not change.
The problem is even after undoing and redoing the process many times, even thou the key on the main table is now the town name, the referenced accommodation still gets associated with the stage# and worse, when trying to add new accommodations or restaurants the app will not allow me to add the town name and only opens the drop down for the stage#’s at the town name column.
I’ve read a lot of things and watched the webinars and other videos on this and still haven’t figured out where my mistake is.

Since I’m right now in Central America scouting a new route this has become a problem.

Thank you very much for everyone’s time…

0 12 613
12 REPLIES 12
Top Labels in this Space