Field data filter according to username

Gutsy

Hi there,

First I would like to express my appreciation for AppSheet Team, Appsheet is a fantastic solid data base platform were it can transform ideas to well structured application with ease.

I have a primary view which include fields connected to more than one tablesโ€™ columns. what I would like to do is to have one of the fields data to be filtered based on the user signing in. So please can I have a detailed instructions how this can be done?

As to clarify my question I will give the following example:
letโ€™s assume I have a list text field named ABC in a primary view. that field is a reference from a related table named X.Table X has the following columns as attached
2X_d_d05c3a5b5d67a8dcbfc64358e92015c693ed1393.png

Now what I want to do is, when user1@gmail.com will log in, the field ABC has to show 2 category rows (1) Hobbies and (2) Shopping and when user2@outlook will log in the field ABC has to show 3 category rows (1) Home Expenditures, (2) Vacation and Travel and(3) bills and Utilities.

I am open for any scenarios, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 7 3,027
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

First, on Ref columns you can access the other column values int he table using โ€œdotโ€ notation: For example: [Ref Column].[Other Ref Table Column]

Next, AppSheet has a built in feature known as Security Filters. Basically, at the table level, you would add in the Security Filter property an expression like (based on your example):
USEREMAIL() = [ABC].[User].

Only those rows where the [User] column of the ABC Ref value that match the logged in user Email will be made available on that users device.

I hope that is clear!!

If you also want to allow for Admin type access, you can include that in the expression as well. Iโ€™ve included the article for that also.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Top Labels in this Space