File template start Enumlist (REF) referencing

Hey guys, i need help on template expression (again!! lol)

My problem is similiar to the one i've already told on the link bellow and @Steve helped me with that. 

Start-template-result-blank 

But now i have a different structure and a different target on this template. This the summary of the structure:

1. ORDER_CALC_PRICE - has a related ORDER_CALC_PRICE_PRODUCTS VC made after creating the relationship between both tables. 
  2. ORDER_CALC_PRICE_PRODUCTS - has a ref to Order_Calc_Price table.
  3. QUOTE - has a VC List type ref of ORDER_CALC_PRICE_PRODUCTS, and has a Enumlist(type ref) column of ORDER_CALC_PRICE table (with a Filter() app formula), and a ref column from Orders Table.
  4. When i add a quote, i select the related order of this quote and them it filter the ORDER_CALC_PRICE (id)

So i'm trying to get on the template the products detail info. (They are in ORDER_CALC_PRICE_PRODUCTS table) but my table on the template returns empty. 

Bellow all the expressions i tried:

<<Start: SELECT([Related ORDER_CALC_PRICE_PRODUCTS][ID_ORDER_CALC_PRICE_PRODUCTS],true)>>

<<Start: [Related ORDER_CALC_PRICE_PRODUCTS]>>

<<Start: Filter(“ORDER_CALC_PRICE_PRODUCTS“,CONTAINS([Related ORDER_CALC_PRICE_PRODUCTS],[ID_ORDER_CALC_PRICE_PRODUCTS]))>>

I also tried a bulk Start on the table but somehow when i tested it was not recognizing the first Start function (i think it's because i'm doing this in a table at the google documents)

To clarify what i'm trying to do, i've created one ORDER-CALC record that has two ORDER-CALC-PRODUCTS associated to it, and also created the quote to this ORDER-CALC to make the file. The image 1 shows what it should return and the image 2 shows what i'm geting now.

Thales_Taranto_1-1661432671127.png

(IMAGE 1)

Thales_Taranto_0-1661432484749.png

(IMAGE 2)

Solved Solved
0 7 334
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey guys, an update i made it work. I was able to use the bulk start expression, here is how i made:

Thales_Taranto_0-1661523365942.png

I don't know if this is the best way, but it is working. Thank you everyone!! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Thank you for all the details. But somehow the details are not clear. If you could share details such as below , I believe the community could help you better

1. On which table the bot is fired?

2. The table relationships in a more concise manner such as 

Table 1

KeyAny other relevant column useful in the current  question you haveRev_ref Column 
[Table 1 ID] [Related Table 2s] 

Table 2

KeyRef ColumnRev_ref ColumnAny other relevant column useful in the current  question you have
[Table 2 ID]Table 1 Key[Related Table 3s] 

Table 3

KeyRef Column Any other relevant column useful in the current  question you have
[Table 3 ID]Table 2 Key  

3.  Existing template with expressions that is producing some results or no results with description of the issue and what results instead you are expecting?

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar , thanks for the response. 

To make it easier to understand my existing template expression, i'll describe every table as it is on my app (It is in Portuguese, i translated to English on the earlier posts)

1. On which table the bot is fired? PROPOSTA'S TABLE

2. The table relationships in a more concise manner such as 

Orders

Key

Rev_ref Column- Related Calculadora_Fornecimentos

Rev_ref Column- Related Proposta

[ID_Requisição]REF_ROWS("Calculadora_Fornecimento", "ID_Requisição")FILTER("Proposta",IN([_THISROW].[ID_Requisição],[ID_Requisição]))

Calculadora_Fornecimento

KeyRev_ref Column - Related Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes
[ID_Calc_Forn]REF_ROWS("Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes", "ID_Calc_Forn")

Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes

Key

Ref Column-Calculadora_Fornecimento Table

[ID_Calc_Forn_Det][ID_Calc_Forn]

PROPOSTA

Key

Ref Column - Orders Table

EnumList - Ref Column -Calculadora_Fornecimento Table

[ID_Proposta][ID_Requisição]FILTER("Calculadora_Fornecimento",CONTAINS([_THISROW].[ID_Requisição],[ID_Requisição]))

3.  Existing template with expressions that is producing some results or no results with description of the issue. Everything is working except the start expression.

Thales_Taranto_0-1661440879179.png

Thank you. Please try the following START expression 

<<START: SPLIT([EnumList - Ref Column -Calculadora_Fornecimento Table].[Rev_ref Column - Related Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes],",")>>

The columns I am referring in the above expression are highlighted in same color below . This was required since I am unware of the actual column names.🙂 Please replace them with the actual column names you have.

Calculadora_Fornecimento

KeyRev_ref Column - Related Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes
[ID_Calc_Forn]REF_ROWS("Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes", "ID_Calc_Forn")

PROPOSTA

Key

EnumList - Ref Column -Calculadora_Fornecimento Table

[ID_Proposta][ID_Requisição]FILTER("Calculadora_Fornecimento",CONTAINS([_THISROW].[ID_Requisição],[ID_Requisição]))

Hey Suvrutt,

Sorry i forgot to put the names and i forgot that i had a VC column on Proposta table that i was using to try to make a rev reference to the Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes table. I'll show you again my structure bellow. But i tried your suggestion and it didn't work, this was the result of the bot test:

Thales_Taranto_0-1661521788664.png

Orders

Key

Rev_ref Column

Rev_ref Column- Related Proposta

[ID_Requisição]

[Related Calculadora_Fornecimentos]:

REF_ROWS("Calculadora_Fornecimento", "ID_Requisição")

[Related Proposta]:

FILTER("Proposta",IN([_THISROW].[ID_Requisição],[ID_Requisição]))

Calculadora_Fornecimento

KeyRev_ref Column 
[ID_Calc_Forn]

[Related Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes]

REF_ROWS("Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes", "ID_Calc_Forn")

Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes

Key

Ref Column-Calculadora_Fornecimento Table

[ID_Calc_Forn_Det][ID_Calc_Forn]

PROPOSTA

Key

EnumList - Ref - Calculadora_Fornecimento Table

VC-List Ref - Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes Table

[ID_Proposta][ID_Requisição]

[ID_Calc_Forn]:

FILTER("Calculadora_Fornecimento",CONTAINS([_THISROW].[ID_Requisição],[ID_Requisição]))

[Related Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes]:

SPLIT([ID_Calc_Forn][Related Calculadora_Fornecimento_Detalhes],",")

I have to admit that I'm a little bit loss to help and this template things usually are quite simple. If something doesn't work is usually because an expression is not written right (I mean, wrong inputs/outputs) considering the column types.

Would you mind adding comments about just the column names and their types?

Hey guys, an update i made it work. I was able to use the bulk start expression, here is how i made:

Thales_Taranto_0-1661523365942.png

I don't know if this is the best way, but it is working. Thank you everyone!! 

It seems indeed the best way since you are referencing the list column instead of using brute force like select() and others.

Good job!

Top Labels in this Space