Format rule not applied properly

tvinci

Hi everyone,

I want to apply a highlight format rule only when the value of GPS Check-In is NOT blank, but no matter how many times I play with the If Condition, all of the client names remain highlighted. I tried fixing this problem with a virtual column to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks

Solved Solved
0 9 587
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Derek3

The SELECT statement goes through each row of the โ€œquestionsโ€ table and checks if it meets the conditions you specify. The problem appears to be in the conditions.

Part 1:
The syntax: table_name[column_name] will return the entire column as a list. So when you write questions[Unique ID], AppSheet will return the entire โ€œUnique IDโ€ column for every check on every row.

You probably want to check the value of โ€œUnique IDโ€ for that specific row. You can do that by writing
[_THISROW].[Unique ID]

Part 2:
The conditions in your SELECT statement are getting into more advanced use of formulas. Typically, the conditions of a SELECT statement will check each row against some static value. For example [_THISROW].[Color] = โ€œRedโ€. However, in your example, the conditions are checking each row against a value in another table.

It can be done, but it is a challenging place to start if youโ€™re still getting familiar with SELECT statements. If youโ€™d like to give it a shot, then youโ€™ll need to apply the same concepts to the masterDatabase[ID] part of your conditions. This is currently returning the entire โ€œIDโ€ column. Try taking the same concepts and using them to select a specific value from the โ€œIDโ€ column of the โ€œmasterDatabaseโ€ table.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Top Labels in this Space