Future dated Task Reminder notification?

Hi AppSheet community members,

I’ve developed app and one of the main features I would like to add is around sending a reminder based on a future date of a task.

For example, I’ve created a task and have added couple of columns (one enum asking to send reminder, second column is a datetime field) that I would like to leverage such that if the user says yes to Reminder field (Y/N), then based on the “Reminder Date-Time” field, it would send an email (or text) of the Task name, to the logged in user i.e., useremail().

Perhaps I’m overthinking this but I thought I may be able to leverage the Behaviour attribute of the “Reminder Date-Time” field to send a “reminder - notification” when the future date and time arrived?

I’m not looking to send regular reports (like the daily, weekly, monthly webinar reminders sample), but rather only on a specific task if the user selects Yes, and when that future date/time arrives (as set in Reminder-Date Time") it would send either email or text. (technically, I could likely skip the Y/N field, if I could just use the “Reminder Date-Time” field, as I think that would be self explanatory

Hopefully that makes sense? Is there a Trigger function I can call from “Reminder Date-Time” field?

Thanks everyone, appreciate any insights or approaches to future dated reminder feature.

Thanks,
Paul

0 5 1,317
5 REPLIES 5
Top Labels in this Space