GAS Help: Copying attachment from Gmail into Gdrive - doesn't copy attachments

Hey everyone.

I’m working on a script that will intercept emails, copy some details into a Gsheet, and copy the attachment into the Gdrive (while also putting a filepath into a cell for the row created per email).

I have two problems that I’m hoping someone can shed some light on

Problem 1: The copied attachment into the Gdrive isn’t the actual attachment

The problem I’m having is that the actual file created isn’t a copy of the attachment file, it’s a 15kb PDF with the following contents:

Here’s a closer look: 3X_a_9_a94c9d40324171de8ff4efeec5808e2676e48968.png

Here’s the script accomplishing the file copy

3X_2_a_2ac27bf5482ad5543c3bbf5e409af185b987a520.png

Everything in here works, except for attachment.copyBlob() - that’s creating the small bit of text you see in the images above.

How can I make the copy an actual copy of the attachment?

Problem 2: I can’t get the attachment name to return out of the attachments loop

You can see from the script fragment above that the attachment stuff is inside a loop;

• I need to get the name of the attachment (which is the name of the file created in the Gdrive) addended to the newFilePath.

But when I tried return newFilePath, it validated but it’s not actually returning a value; the filepath that’s reported is missing the file name.

The code is built for multiple attachments, but I really only need it for one. In this scenario, there will only always be one attachment - but I can’t find anything that shows how to code for a single thing, it’s all for multiple (which makes sense).

So how can I get the filename out of the attachment loop?

Thanks to you all! 3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

2 7 437
7 REPLIES 7
Top Labels in this Space