Gallery report in reading direction

Would it be possible to export a report with images arranged in the reading direction, like a comic book ?

Bulubulu_0-1688123290644.png

Solved Solved
0 5 259
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you. Just a while ago, I responded to an exactly similar requirement. The poster there wishes to have bar codes in the gallery view format. 

How to Print Barcode Labels - Google Cloud Community

You could replace "Table Name", with "Slice Name" , if you have certain rows from the table in the images. You can create a slice to filter rows with the desired range, such as dates or status ( approved etc) or such similar ranges.

<START: Table Name[Key Column] >>

<<IFS(MOD(COUNT(
SPLIT(
ANY(
SPLIT(
(" , " & Table Name[Key Column] & " , "),
(" , " &[Key Column] & " , ")
)
),
" , "
)
),  4)=1,

[Image Column]

)>> <<END>>

<<IFS(MOD(COUNT(
SPLIT(
ANY(
SPLIT(
)
),
" , "
)
),  4)=2,

[Image Column]

)>> <<END>>

<<IFS(MOD(COUNT(
SPLIT(
ANY(
SPLIT(
)
),
" , "
)
) , 4)=3,

[Image Column]

)>> <<END>>

<<IFS(MOD(COUNT(
SPLIT(
ANY(
SPLIT(
)
),
" , "
)
),  4)=0,

[Image Column]

)>> <<END>>

Edit: made a minor change in last column's expression. It needs to he compared with 0 and not 4 as earlier I mistakenly mentioned. 

Edit2: Made a change to the denominator in the expression. Changed it from  Table Name[Key Column] to 4 as we need images in 4 columns.

Edit3: There was a typo in MOD() expression, which I have corrected above. So now the above shared template should work. I have updated the typo details and also test results on a test app in the post thread How to Print Barcode Labels - Google Cloud Community

Please take a look at that thread as well. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Could you update if those images are from the same record or different records -meaning one image per record.  Also if those images are from different records, is there one image per record?

Only one image per record.

Thank you and how many records max a report is likely to have? And is it a report of only images or other columns as well?

For a maximum of one thousand records should be suitable. Both solutions, with and without another column, can be interesting, because I would like to be able to create different templates.

Thank you. Just a while ago, I responded to an exactly similar requirement. The poster there wishes to have bar codes in the gallery view format. 

How to Print Barcode Labels - Google Cloud Community

You could replace "Table Name", with "Slice Name" , if you have certain rows from the table in the images. You can create a slice to filter rows with the desired range, such as dates or status ( approved etc) or such similar ranges.

<<IFS(MOD(COUNT(
SPLIT(
ANY(
SPLIT(
)
),
" , "
)
),  4)=1,

[Image Column]

)>> <<END>>

<<IFS(MOD(COUNT(
SPLIT(
ANY(
SPLIT(
)
),
" , "
)
),  4)=2,

[Image Column]

)>> <<END>>

<<IFS(MOD(COUNT(
SPLIT(
ANY(
SPLIT(
)
),
" , "
)
) , 4)=3,

[Image Column]

)>> <<END>>

<<IFS(MOD(COUNT(
SPLIT(
ANY(
SPLIT(
)
),
" , "
)
),  4)=0,

[Image Column]

)>> <<END>>

Edit: made a minor change in last column's expression. It needs to he compared with 0 and not 4 as earlier I mistakenly mentioned. 

Edit2: Made a change to the denominator in the expression. Changed it from  Table Name[Key Column] to 4 as we need images in 4 columns.

Edit3: There was a typo in MOD() expression, which I have corrected above. So now the above shared template should work. I have updated the typo details and also test results on a test app in the post thread How to Print Barcode Labels - Google Cloud Community

Please take a look at that thread as well. 

Top Labels in this Space