Hello! I'm curious about the feasibility of a...

Hello! I’m curious about the feasibility of a validation pattern.

I have a table called ‘Records’ which aggregates information contained within a few referenced tables.

Information must be aggregated based upon their Project ID, Creation Dates, Kilometers, and Lane & Lift entries. There can be many ‘Date’ records for a project, many ‘Kilometer’ entries for a date, and many ‘Lane & Lift’ entries for a kilometer. See the flowchart here: https://i.imgur.com/xRI0GwM.jpg

I would like for duplicate ‘Records’ to not be allowed; i.e. records having the same project, date, kilometer, and lane & lift.

The current form has 4 dropdown menus and it filters them appropriately; i.e. when you select a specific date it will only show ‘kilometer’ entries that occured on that date. However, it does not remove the options to prevent duplicate entries. It would be convenient if the lists filtered out options which have already been created, to simplify the user experience… I know how to do this on individual columns; is this more complex pattern possible in AppSheet?

For now I am preventing duplicate entries by having the ‘records’ table use a generated primary key based upon the project-date-kilometer-lane&lift pattern. But this solution doesn’t help the users to know which records have yet to be made.

0 4 447
4 REPLIES 4
Top Labels in this Space