Help Connecting One to Many Relationships

I’ve committed a classic novice mistake in making a very an unsustainable, time consuming table with many columns. I have three tables

ACTIVITES
DATA VALIDATION
GYM SESSIONS (my new table to link to reference to ACTIVITIES)

In the activities table, a user may select 5 activity choices: RIDE, INDOOR BIKE TRAINER, RUN, YOGA, and GYM SESSION. With GYM SESSION specifically, there is a ONE TO MANY relationship as you may have many different workouts related to the one the activity.

My mistake: in my app, I have created up to 20 different Entries for GYM SESSION specifically and made it so that it’s VALID IF only GYM SESSION is selected. This has resulted in a very time consuming effort in setting the parameters of 60 different columns (1 entry is composed of WORKOUT, WEIGHT, REPS, SETS).

I know there is a way to create a separate table so that when a GYM SESSION is selected, the table can be referenced as opposed to what I did and create all these extra columns in the Activities table.

Knowing this, I created the table GYM SESSION which includes GYMSESSION ID (KEY), WORKOUT, WEIGHT, REPS, AND SETS.

The workouts (eg. Squats, Bench Press, etc) is defined in my DATA_VALIDATIONS table which includes a lists to references.

How can I connect the GYM SESSIONS table with the ACTIVITY table so that it’s called up anytime GYM SESSION is selected?
Here is a link to my working app.

https://www.appsheet.com/start/bc4849bb-c45f-4e1f-8a00-ee9a90c6985c
Thanks

0 3 295
3 REPLIES 3
Top Labels in this Space