Help with Workflow Template Expression

Hi.

I have a workflow template that I really need help to format in a certain way but can’t get the expressions correct.

So the SELECT expression in the template extracts each row for [Product Code] which is the key value. With my current expression the template is being replicated for each product code but there are duplicate values associated with a [Product Code] that I only want to extract once. e.g. of my dataset
ROW1=[Product Code 1]=A1234, [Retention]=145, [Charge Number]=41795
ROW2=[Product Code 2]=B1234, [Retention]=145, [Charge Number]=41795
ROW1=[Product Code 3]=C1234, [Retention]=145, [Charge Number]=41795

There could be 50 different [Product Codes] associated with the same [Charge Number] and [Retention] value (among others).

When I generate the template I would like to display the [Charge Number] and [Retention] values etc… once and the list of associated [Product Code]'s with that [Charge Number]/[Retention] etc…

Example of intended template:
Charge Number, Retention etc…
Product Code 1
Product Code 2
Product Code 3

Instead of
Charge Number
Retention
Product Code 1

Same Charge Number
Same Retention Value
Product Code 2

Same Charge Number
Same Retention Value
Product Code 3

The template itself is being generated from a Search Form where the user enters a [Date] and the expression in the template matches ALL [Charge Number]'s that have that corresponding date so my template will contain multiple different charge numbers which is fine but I would like to present them as per above in order of Charge Number.

I have attached an image of my template file and a working example hoping that might explain my request a little better.

Happy to share the .doc file in question if that would help with solving the issue.

Thank you so much.

Solved Solved
0 40 2,155
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar

Again many thanks with your help on this issue and ultimately with your amendment to the Workflow Template that sorted the issue. For the benefit of the community I have attached a before and after screenshot (of the template) of the expression in question. It appears that inserting the Start: & End tags inside the table did the trick.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

Hi @MauriceWhelan,

Thank you for the update.Very good to know the template changes work for you. All the very best !

Top Labels in this Space