Help with dependent dropdown filter

Hello, I’m stuck on something for the last few days.

I am creating an app to track the amount of time operators spend on a given activity during production. The app is based on the structure of the Order Capture app.

Operators will enter top level data for any given production order, i.e. Employee Name, Date, Category, Production order, in the Entries table. I then created a related table (Entry Details) where they will breakdown the hours spent based on specific operation and activity related to the specified production order.

The Entry Details table has the following columns: DetailsID (key), EntryID(ref to EntryID in Entries table), Operation, Machine, Activity, Part, Time Spent, Time Type.

I have an Operation table with the following columns: Code, Work Center, Operation Code, Operation Description. Key is Concatenate Code and Operation Code.

I am trying to set up so that when operators input the specific Operation, they only see the operations relevant to them.

I have an Operators table with the following columns: EmployeeID, Name, Work Center, Primary Work Area. Key is Name.

I also created a dereference between the Entry Details and Operators table in a virtual column [EntryID].[Employee Name].

In the Operation column of the Entry Details table, I have it set as Enum and Valid_if expression: SELECT(Operation[Operation Description],([Work Centre] = [_THISROW].[EmployeeRef])).

Nothing is showing up now. I know I’m missing something but not sure where to begin!

Advice, please?

0 8 485
8 REPLIES 8
Top Labels in this Space