Hey guys, I have the "F2LIVE" app that's publ...

Hey guys, I have the “F2LIVE” app that’s published to both the Google & Apple store. The app’s main purpose is to achieve one of the NPO’s goals to help people find people with similar fitness goals. I had a few suggestions from women especially to “verify” the identities of users, so I set up a “verified” and “unverified” system, with all FORM entries AUTOMATICALLY being “unverified.” The map’s first location layer is the FORM location and the second location layer is the GYM location. For the FORM location, I want to hide “unverified” entries from the public, from the Table, Detail, and Map (VIEW). I can do this with the SECURITY FILTER if [… Verification]=“Verified” …

But, I’m getting a message from AppSheet that I need a PRO plan to use this function or my account will be banned in 3 days? I thought Publisher PRO allowed for all features? What should I do?

I really don’t want to show the “unverified” entries otherwise the map will be full of fake/unverified identities… Since the map auto-populates the entry once synced.

0 7 520
7 REPLIES 7

I couldn’t find a way for format rules to hide specific rows… For the Map, Table, and Detail views. Security Filter seems like the right answer.

You are probably using Publisher Pro plan which is a public app and you can’t use user authentication. When you can’t use authentication, you can’t use security filter either. Instead of security filters, you could try to slices. But please remember not to use any kind of sensitive data with your app.

Yes, it’s Publisher Pro. It’s not sensitive information, it’s unnecessary information for the views. Security filter works via the code, but I guess based on AppSheet rules it’s not allowed to be used? Maybe I can find a work around by creating a duplicate table only for the FORM, and another table for the MAP, DETAIL, and TABLE view only for the entries with text “verified” from the duplicate table. It’s doable, I think, just thinking out loud, but it seems like a whole lot of extra steps when I can just filter entries from the original table.

I filter them not because of sensitive data, but because of the cleanliness of the UX.

You can filter the data with the slice. You need to use the slice as a source for your view.

Alright, I’ll begin looking through threads to see how to do this. Thank you!

Alright, splices were easy enough to use. Thank you for introducing them!

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space