Hi, I'm hoping y'all can help me with a trick...

Hi, I’m hoping y’all can help me with a tricky problem I seem to have stumbled into. I have a parent Table A, child Table B, and a grandchild Table C in my app, all related to each other. The main view for this app is the detail view for Table A, where a user can get a lot of information about each Table A record in one glance. To facilitate this, I have a read-only slice of the grandchild Table C and a virtual column on Table A which is used to show Table C’s values directly on the detail view of Table A. This works well, but I want the read-only view to be sorted descending by row order, rather than the default ascending. I can’t seem to find anything that affects the sort order for the TableC_Inline view on TableA_Detail.

I’ve tried changing the sort order on the referenced view in TableA_Detail by chaning it on TableC_Inline and by adding SORT() around the REF_ROWS() function that creates the view. Neither has worked. Sorting the TableC_Inline view corrects the sort order only for the inline view on TableB_Detail, not TableA_Detail. The read-only version of the TableC_Inline view doesn’t seem to have a name or an object I can find in the app. When I navigate to this it, no view name appears in the app header; it just goes back to the app’s name.

Are there any other places in the app where I might be able to affect the sort order for this view? Or, any other ways I could get the most recent TableC information to show up as read-only on the TableA_Detail view?

0 8 639
8 REPLIES 8
Top Labels in this Space