Hi, I'm new to the AppSheet, trying to develo...

Hi, I’m new to the AppSheet, trying to develop a survey app for a research project. I have been struggling with some issues, most of then related to multi-language support. Here are the main steps, regarding this issue:

1. Languages activated in User Settings, with 5 language options, based on valid_if from table.

2. Tables with data in each of those five languages, each column a different language, with the column name exactly the same as the language names in user settings.

3. Reading some answers in this community, I realized that I cannot use UserSettings() to substitute field names in expressions such as LOOKUP or ANY,

so trying a different approach, with a Virtual field [country-language], calculated with valid_if formula:

ifs(usersettings(Language)=“Deutsche”, Deutsche, usersettings(Language)=“English”, English,

usersettings(Language)=“Español”, Español,

usersettings(Language)=“Français”,Français, usersettings(Language)=“Lietuviškai”, Lietuviškai,

usersettings(Language)=“Português”, Português)

But then I get a problem with the validation of the formulas that I use to: (a) select the Enum column for the dropdown lists:

=SELECT(valid_if_Countries[country-language], true)

(b) select the column for the Display name based on the chosen language:

=ANY(SELECT(valid_if_fieldNameTranslations[country-language], [field-name] = “gps-coordinates”))

In both cases, I get the following message:

Unable to find column ‘country-language’, did you mean ‘country-language’?

What am I doing wrong? Can it be a problem with column type? the virtual field is of Enum type, but also tried as Text, error keeps the same. Any help much appreciated, thanks!

0 2 386
2 REPLIES 2
Top Labels in this Space