How do I manually link references to a specif...

How do I manually link references to a specific column instead of just the table?

Have a table where I must select a company, then a job, then the name of an employee.

Have another table, where I have the companies, jobs inside it and employess names.

So, 2nd table is like

Company 1 - accountant - Mike Company 1 - accountant - Josh Company 1 - driver - Paul Company 2 - janitor - Aaron Company 2 - driver - Anton

Ok, the catch is that I need to not only select company, job and employee, but also add new ones of each, if needed. Thus, I guess ENUM lists are ruled out.

That means I need to use columns of the REF type on the first table.

So I have this column named Company. Made it ref.

It shows: Company 1 Company 1 Company 1 Company 2 Company 2

instead of just โ€œCompany 1โ€ and โ€œCompany 2โ€

I select Company 1.

Now for jobsโ€ฆ I also made it a ref.

It shows: Company 1 Company 1 Company 1 Company 2 Company 2

Why is it showing the Company column of the 2nd table? Tried all sorts of combinations of key and label columns.

It keeps pointing to Company column.

Same thing with the Employee Name column. Also is referencing the Company column of table 2.

Is there any way to say exactly what column I want to reference? The referenced column is always grayed out, chosen automatically by AppSheet. Why canยดt we users choose it, so I could match references from Table1-Company to table2-Company and Table1-Job to table2-job, etc?

0 4 332
4 REPLIES 4
Top Labels in this Space