How to edit data on another sheet

Hi. I have an inventory tracking App with 2 sheets. One is a transaction log the other is the inventory count.
I have a column in the inventory sheet where I have a status enum column that can be “ordered, not ordered or received”. I dont know if there is a way to automatically change the status based on the transaction log. So for example if I add a transaction that I received X of part number 123 in the transaction log I want this to trigger an action in the inventory sheet in the line for part number 123 so that it changes its status from “ordered” to “received”. Is there a way to do this? it seems actions can only be performed in the same sheet from what I understand on the appsheet

Solved Solved
0 11 2,513
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Exactly, that’s what the Ref column is for.

In the ref action, there’s a place to specify the
2X_e_e04f986678f385e5092d6f33fe5b8b9ea00abb35.png

In the example below you can see that this is more specific to your scenario.

2X_c_c8965d33c93f008a86dd8cc69d6052dc9dcf13c0.png

This action lives on the child table and updates the parent - exactly what you’re wanting to do.

You can see I’ve wrapped the [Log_Phase_Link] in a LIST() formula, this needs to be done because that field, where you’re specifying the rows to update, is expecting a list of rows, not just one; so even if you have one, you still need to convert that single value into a list (that only has the one value, I know… but it’s a matter of data type).

That’s what you should do in your action, enter the column that’s the reference and wrap it with LIST()
2X_f_fdf4e068ab4b7d0867273f5de2c535f1d5b5fa22.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Top Labels in this Space